FOR A YOUNG SALON ASSISTANT WHO IS ENTHUSIASTIC, HARDWORKING AND FAST IMPROVING – A NEW TEAM STAR!
As nominated by the salon owner or manager
NOW ACCEPTING DIGITAL ENTRIES – CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
Download The Rising Star 2020 category criteria, rules and entry form (3-page PDF)
Download the The It List 2020 full entry pack (all categories) (10-page PDF)
VIDEO TESTIMONIAL (3 MINS MAX) A video message introducing your nominee – and singing his/her praises! You have three minutes to sell your Rising Star to the judges, so talk about the qualities, strengths and skills that make them stand out – and make sure you highlight a single instance where their performance (under your employment) has been particularly impressive.
MOOD BOARD (A2 MAX) Your nominee must create a mood board – packed full of imagery and words – representing their passion for hairdressing and their journey so far. It should chronicle, for example, the skills they’ve learned, the people they’ve met, what they love most about their job – and what they hope to do next. Make sure a photograph of the nominee is included on the board, and their name is written on the back of it.
ALSO REQUIRED – FOR CREATIVE HEAD USE ONLY
• Rising Star nomination form – completed and signed by the nominator. Download copies at creativeheadmag.com/theitlist. Photocopies accepted
• Proof of nominee age – include a printed copy of the picture page of your nominee’s passport – they must be aged 30 or under at the closing date of 10 June
• A USB containing a selection of images – one photo of your nominee and up to 10 images that feature on your nominee’s mood board. Imagery must be minimum 300dpi and approved for use by Creative HEAD, should your nominee reach the finals
• Rising Star nominees must have no more than three years’ salon experience and be educated to, or working towards, minimum NVQ level 2 (or equivalent)
• Video testimonial must be no longer than 3 minutes and supplied on a clearly labelled USB device in .mov or .mp4 file format. Smart phone videos are fine! Judges will view videos on a tablet or laptop
• Nominee mood board must be no larger than A2 (420mm x 594mm)