YOU MUST READ THE IT LIST COMPETITION RULES BEFORE PREPARING AND SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY OR NOMINATION.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL THE IT LIST ON +44 (0)1434 610940
- The It List 2021 is open to all hairdressing professionals based in the UK and the Republic of Ireland and aged 30 or under at the time of the closing date of Monday 14 June 2021.
- You may enter more than one It List category, but a separate entry form is required for each entry submitted.
- Different team members from the same salon may enter each category in The It List.
- Rising Star nominees must have no more than three years’ salon experience and be educated to, or working towards, minimum NVQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Only independent salon owners (sorry, no franchisees) may enter The Entrepreneur category.
PREPARING YOUR ENTRY OR NOMINATION
- All entries to the 2021 It List Awards must be supplied in digital format.
- All specified sizes, formats, page counts and video time limits must be adhered to.
- Any videos must be supplied in .mov or .mpeg format and must not exceed two minutes in duration.
It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure all materials and imagery submitted as part of their entry – including the requested supplementary images– are cleared for publication in any and all of Alfol Ltd print and digital products. This includes all editions of Creative HEAD and all supplements, at creativeheadmag.com, all Creative HEAD social media networks, in any associated competition material, and in any other coverage of and publicity for The It List.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION/NOMINATION FORM
- An application form must be completed for each entry. Application forms can be found at here
- The details provided on the application form must be the entrant’s own, and not of a third party such as a PR representative.
- If you are a salon owner or manager and are nominating a salon assistant for The Rising Star, you (not the nominee) must complete Rising Star Nomination Form.
- Please ensure all the details provided on the completed It List application/nomination form are correct. We use this information for all communication purposes and in any publicity, should you reach the Grand Final. We communicate primarily by email, so please ensure you provide us with an email address where we can reach you directly (i.e, not the email address of your PR company, or the salon’s general email address).
- Submission of the completed It List application/nomination form will generate a unique It List reference code that must be used when submitting your It List entry.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY/NOMINATION
- Only digital entries will be accepted.
- When you submit your digital entry, each separate file must be labelled alphabetically + your unique It List reference code. For example: A_IT73 B_IT73 C_IT73
- Your entry must be accompanied by the Creative HEAD folder set out in the category criteria, along with any optional extra materials such as a supplementary video. Your Creative HEAD folder should be labelled Creative HEAD folder + your unique It List reference code. For example: Creative HEAD folder_IT73
- Entries must be submitted no later than 5pm on Monday 14 June 2021.
RETURN OF ENTRIES/NOMINATIONS
Once submitted, entries cannot be returned.
- Panels of expert judges will assess The It List entries/nominations on tablet or laptop devices.
- Judges allocate points to each entry/nomination based on a fair and independently supervised judging system. Scores are handed to an adjudicator, who collates the marks to determine an overall result.
- There will be a maximum of five finalists in each category.
- A list of judges will be available on request after Tuesday 6 July 2021.
- Finalists will be notified via email no later than Friday 9 July 2021.
- A list of finalists will be published at creativeheadmag.com/theitlist on Wednesday 7 July 2021.
- Finalists will be invited to attend The It List Grand Final in London on Monday 6 September 2021. Travel expenses cannot be reimbursed.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Winners’ prizes must be accepted as offered. There is no cash alternative.
- No employee of Alfol Ltd or ghd, or their families, is allowed to enter/ nominate in The It List.
- No entries/nominations will be accepted after 5pm on Monday 14 June 2021.
- If an entry/nomination does not comply with the entry/nomination criteria, it will be disqualified.
- Entry/nomination implies acceptance of these Rules.
- Entries/nominations may not be withdrawn once submitted.
- We will use your details to communicate with you for the duration of the competition. We will not pass on your details to third parties. Visit creativeheadmag.com/privacypolicy. You may contact us at any time to request removal of your data by calling +44 (0)1434 610940.