TWO TROPHIES – ONE FOR A GUY, ONE FOR A GIRL – AWARDED TO A YOUNG HAIR PROFESSIONAL EXCELLING IN MULTIPLE AREAS OF WORK AND DESTINED FOR GREATNESS
2019 COMPETITION NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
WHAT WE NEED – FOR THE JUDGES
To enter The It Guy/Girl you must submit a portfolio (maximum A3 size) containing the following:
YOUR CAREER STORY (maximum 24 pages)
Demonstrate you’re on track for stardom – show the judges who you are, what you’re made of and where you’re headed. Be yourself, but be sure to cover the following:
• Strengths, goals and inspirations
• Education, training and other learning experiences
• Salon employment, positions held, key responsibilities
• Work away from the salon – eg, runway show teams, editorial shoots, events, etc
• Awards, accolades and other significant achievements
• Press and publicity showcasing you and your work
• Plenty of pictures illustrating your finest hair work to date
OPTIONAL EXTRA – INCLUDE A VIDEO!
As well as the above, you may submit a short film (maximum 2 minutes) all about you. Make sure your film includes comment from you about your approach to creative work, and your unique skills.
ALSO REQUIRED – FOR CREATIVE HEAD USE ONLY
Entry form – completed and signed. Download copies at creativeheadmag.com/theitlist. Photocopies accepted.
Printed copy of the picture page of your passport – to prove you will be aged 30 or under at the closing date of 20 May 2019.
A CD/USB device – containing a picture of you plus up to 10 images that feature within your entry. Images must be high resolution as we may publish them if you reach the Grand Final.
IMPORTANT: The It Guy/Girl portfolios must be maximum A3 size (297mm x 420mm). If you supply a video it must be a maximum of 2 minutes long and supplied on a clearly labelled CD/USB device, in either .mov or .mp4 file format. Smart phone videos are fine! NB judges will view videos on a laptop or tablet.