For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Alfol Ltd, PO Box 289, Hexham NE46 9HJ.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you provide your email address to receive news and updates you agree to us accessing and collecting this information.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Other information we may store includes details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 1,000 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We will use the information you provide to us in one or more of the following ways only:
• to monitor, develop and improve the Services and your use of the Services;
• to assist in and administer the provision of Services to you (eg, to dispatch emails to you, or to provide you with password reminders, or notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
• to process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made about or by you;
• to contact you about a submission you have made to the Services; and/or
• to understand customer trends and patterns;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
WHEN WE MAY CONTACT YOU
We may contact you:
• in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the service to you;
• where you have opted to receive regular emails from us;
• in relation to any contribution you have made to the Services;
• to inform you of the results of a competition you have entered;
• to notify you about changes to our Services;
• to invite you to participate in surveys about the Services (participation is always voluntary); and/or
• for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to that contact.
We will only ever contact you by email, using the email address that you provide to us.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We guarantee that the personal information that we collect from you will never be shared with another organisation for marketing purposes unless you specifically agree to allow it. The permission will be made clear through a tick box on a competition or offer. The sponsor will be clearly named in the text next to the tick box and if the box is not ticked no personal identifiable data will be shared. If you do choose to tick the box the data will only be shared with the sponsor and will only be used by that sponsor for their own marketing purposes.
The only case in which another organisation will have access to your information is to analyse or process it as described under the heading “How We Store and Process Your Information” above. No organisation will be allowed to use your information for its own purposes without your permission.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• In response to court orders or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Alfol Ltd, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Alfol Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
KEEPING OUR RECORDS ACCURATE
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible, but we depend on you to update your personal information whenever necessary. If you have any other query relating to your information, please contact us as set out below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This information is limited to statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
• identify who you are and to access your account information;
• estimate our audience size and patterns;
• control how often visitors see similar ads; and
• track preferences and to improve and update the Services.
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
We have installed security measures to ensure that any personal data entered on the Services is protected against loss, misuse or alteration. However, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the protection of your personal information and we cannot be responsible for any outcomes resulting from a breach of security when the Services are used.
The Information Protection Officer, Alfol Ltd, PO Box 289, Hexham NE46 9HJ.