In light of the new government announcement on Monday 11 May regarding Covid-19 and the ongoing lockdown restrictions in place, we understand that for some The It List entrants, submitting a hard copy entry isn’t possible this year.
With that in mind, we’ve taken the decision to allow digital and hard copy entries in 2020.
If you choose to submit your entry digitally, the entry criteria set out in each individual category still applies for example portfolio size, number of pages and word counts, however you can follow these steps to get your entry to us for judging:
PREPARING YOUR DIGITAL ENTRY
- The majority of categories require a portfolio submission. Digital portfolios must be submitted in PDF format
- Video entries (in the case of The Visionary and The Rising Star) must be submitted in .mov or .mpeg format
- Image entries (in the case of The Visionary) must be submitted in TIFF or JPEG format
- All digital entries must be given a file name comprising (a) the name of entrant and (b) the name of the category entered, for example: ‘Mark Smith_The It List Editorial Stylist’
- All digital entries must be accompanied by (a) a copy of the completed entry form (a scan or photo is fine), (b) any requested accompanying material (such as supporting imagery – for Creative HEAD use only), (c) any optional extra material (such as an supplementary video – subject to criteria) and (d) a copy of the photo page of your passport (as proof of age)
- Unable to print the entry/nomination form? No problem! We’ve created editable versions. Save to your desktop, fill in digitally then resave and send. Note: we’ll accept your written name in place of a signature. The It List entry form – editable > The It List Rising Star nomination form – editable >
SENDING YOUR DIGITAL ENTRY
- Please send a separate email for each category you are entering
- Email your entry, completed and signed entry form and supporting imagery to email@example.com by 5pm on 10 June, listing the subject of the email in the following format: THE IT LIST AWARDS – NAME OF CATEGORY – YOUR NAME
- Supply a scan or photo of the photo page of your passport (to confirm you are aged 30 or under, or turned 31 between the original closing date of 13 May and the new entry deadline of 10 June)
IF YOUR ATTACHMENTS EXCEED 10MB IN SIZE
- Please send via a digital file transfer method, such as We Transfer or Filemail (free to use), including the above subject in the message box, so we know what category you are entering
NOTE: There is a risk your entry won’t get through if it is a large file size and you do not adhere to the above instructions.
You will receive a notification that we have logged your entry within 1 week of submission. If you haven’t received this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1434 610940. Please note you will have to supply evidence that the original entry was submitted within the deadline, for example a screenshot of your sent message or a We Transfer send receipt with the time code visible.
We are of course still accepting hardcopy entries as per normal. Please click HERE for guidance on how to get your portfolio safely to us.
To everyone entering, we wish you the very best of luck!