In light of the new government announcement on 11 May, regarding Covid-19 and the ongoing lockdown restrictions in place, we understand that for some Most Wanted entrants, submitting a hard copy entry, isn’t possible this year.
With that in mind, we’ve taken the decision to allow digital and hard copy entries in 2020.
If you choose to submit your entry digitally, the entry criteria set out in each individual category still applies for example portfolio size, number of pages and word counts, however you can follow these steps to get your entry to us for judging:
PREPARING YOUR DIGITAL ENTRY
- The majority of categories require a portfolio submission. Digital portfolios must be submitted in PDF format
- Image entries (in the case of Hair Trend) must be submitted in TIFF or JPEG format
- Supplementary videos (for select categories, as outlined in the entry criteria) must be submitted in .mov or .mpeg format
- All digital entries must be given a file name comprising (a) the name of entrant and (b) the name of the category entered, for example: ‘Mark Smith_Most Wanted Independent Stylist’ or ‘Evolution Salon_Most Wanted Best Salon Team’
- All digital entries must be accompanied by (a) a copy of the completed entry form (a scan or photo is fine), (b) any requested accompanying material (such as supporting imagery – for Creative HEAD use only) and (c) any optional extra material (such as an supplementary video – subject to criteria). These can be submitted as attachments to your email or within your file transfer (see below).
- Unable to print the entry form? No problem! We’ve created an editable version. Save to your desktop, fill in digitally then resave and send. Note: we’ll accept your written name in place of a signature. Editable entry form >
SENDING YOUR DIGITAL ENTRY
- Please send a separate email for each category you are entering.
- Email your entry, completed and signed entry form and supporting imagery to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 10 June, listing the subject of the email in the following format: MOST WANTED AWARDS – NAME OF CATEGORY – YOUR NAME.
IF YOUR ATTACHMENTS EXCEED 10MB IN SIZE
- Please send via a digital file transfer method, such as We Transfer or Filemail (free to use), including the above subject in the message box, so we know what category you are entering. NOTE: There is a risk your entry won’t get through if it is a large file size and you do not adhere to the above instructions.
You will receive a notification that we have logged your entry within 1 week of submission. If you haven’t received this, please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)1434 610940. Please note you will have to supply evidence that the original entry was submitted within the deadline, for example a screenshot of your sent message or a WeTransfer send receipt with the time code visible.
We are of course still accepting hard copy entries as per normal. Click HERE for guidance on how to get your portfolio safely to us.
To everyone entering, we wish you the very best of luck!