You must read the Most Wanted competition rules before preparing and submitting your entry or nomination. If you have any questions please call Most Wanted on +44 (0)1434 610940
- Most Wanted 2021 is open to all salons, salon teams and individual hairdressing professionals (including freelancers) based in the UK and Ireland.
- You may enter more than one Most Wanted category, but a separate application form is required for each entry submitted.
- Only individuals may enter the Most Wanted Hair Trend category (ie, each entry must be attributed to a single individual). In exceptional circumstances we may allow entries from a duo, providing both contributing parties always operate together as a duo and never individually. Evidence may be required. Please call us on +44 (0)1434 610940 to discuss.
- Individuals or teams from the same salon may enter multiple Most Wanted categories.
- Most Wanted Hair Trend entries are restricted to a maximum of three per individual. Multiple shots of the same look will not be accepted. All entries must be portrait-shaped.
- The Most Wanted Award for Innovation category may not be entered by product manufacturers or distributors.
- Only teams from individual salons may enter the Most Wanted Best Salon Team category. It is not possible to enter a team that works across a number of salons within a salon group.
- An independent nomination process will determine finalists for the Most Wanted Session Stylist award. It is not possible to enter this category.
- An independent nomination process will determine a shortlist for the Most Wanted Hair Icon award. A panel of judges will then cast the deciding votes to establish the winner. It is not possible to enter this category.
- If you have won the same Most Wanted category three times (not necessarily in consecutive years), you become a Most Wanted Legend and are not able to enter that same category again. You are, however, free to enter any other Most Wanted category, where you do not have Legend status.
PREPARING YOUR ENTRY
- All entries to the 2021 Most Wanted Awards must be supplied in digital format.
- Portfolios must consist of a maximum of 24 pages. Portfolios exceeding the maximum page count may be disqualified. Please see individual category criteria for further details.
- Stipulated word counts must be strictly adhered to.
- Supplementary videos must be supplied in .mov or .mpeg format and must not exceed two minutes in duration.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure all materials and imagery submitted as part of their entry – including the supplementary images required by Creative HEAD – are cleared for publication in any and all of Alfol Ltd print and digital products, including all editions of Creative HEAD and all supplements, at creativeheadmag.com, all Creative HEAD social media networks, in any other Most Wanted coverage and publicity and in any associated competition material.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
- An application form must be completed for each entry. Application forms can be found here
- The details provided on the application form must be the entrant’s own, and not of a third party such as a PR representative.
- Please ensure all the details provided on the completed Most Wanted application form are correct. We use this information for all communication purposes and in any publicity, should you reach the Grand Final. We communicate primarily by email, so please ensure you provide us with an email address where we can reach you directly (i.e, not the email address of your PR company, or the salon’s general email address).
- Submission of the completed Most Wanted application form will generate a unique Most Wanted reference code that must be used when submitting your Most Wanted entry.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Only digital entries will be accepted.
- When you submit your digital entry, each separate file must be labelled alphabetically + your unique Most Wanted reference code. For example: A_MW73 B_MW73 C_MW73
- Your entry must be accompanied by the Creative HEAD folder set out in the category criteria, along with any optional extra materials such as a supplementary video. Your Creative HEAD folder should be labelled Creative HEAD folder + your unique Most Wanted reference code. For example: Creative HEAD folder_MW73
- Entries must be submitted no later than 5pm on Monday 14 June 2021.
RETURN OF ENTRIES
- Once submitted, entries cannot be returned.
- Panels of expert judges will assess Most Wanted entries.
- Entries will be viewed by the judges on tablets or laptop devices.
- Judges allocate points to each entry based on a fair and independently supervised judging system. Scores are submitted to an adjudicator, who collates the marks to determine an overall result.
- No more than 100 entries in the Most Wanted Hair Trend category will be selected for judging. Entries will be pre-judged anonymously, and by a named and impartial industry representative.
- In the case of the Most Wanted Session Stylist category, each nomination will carry a score. These scores will be tallied and the highest scoring nominees will make it through to the finals.
- In the case of the Most Wanted Hair Icon category, each nomination will carry a score. These scores will be tallied and the highest-scoring nominees will make it onto a shortlist and invited to submit materials for judging. The same scoring process will then apply as per all other categories.
- There will be a maximum of five finalists in each category, except in the case of Most Wanted Hair Icon.
- A list of judges will be available on request after Monday 5 July.
- Finalists will be notified by email no later than Friday 9 July.
- A list of finalists will be published on Wednesday 7 July at creativeheadmag.com/mostwanted
- Finalists will be invited to attend the Most Wanted Grand Final in London on Monday 6 September 2021. Travel expenses cannot be reimbursed.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners’ prizes must be accepted as offered. There is no cash alternative.
- No employee of Alfol Limited, Alfaparf Milano, BaByliss PRO, Bumble & bumble, JOICO, Kao, Kérastase, L’Oréal Professionnel Paris, Phorest, Redken, Treatwell, Wella Professionals or their families, is allowed to enter Most Wanted.
- No entries will be accepted after 5pm on Monday 14 June 2021.
- If an entry does not comply with the entry criteria it will be disqualified.
- Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
- Entries may not be withdrawn once submitted.
- We will use your details to communicate with you for the duration of the competition. We will not pass on your details to third parties. Visit creativeheadmag.com/privacypolicy for more information. You may contact us at any time to request removal of your data by calling +44 (0)1434 610940.