1) Consider what you actually need – trainee hairdressers or support workers.
2) Start with an open mind regarding who you wish to train.
3) Review your whole training strategy and use of external and internal resources.
4) Set a budget for training for the whole salon.
5) Decide whether to employ your team or not.
6) Consider all the pros and cons of employment vs self-employment.
7) If you decide on self-employment, then fully comply with the law.
8) Research and fully understand Minimum Wage regulations
9) Keep detailed and accurate records of all hours worked and payments made.
10) Avoid making any deductions from the team on National Minimum Wage.
Ken West is director of business experts 3•6•5 – email him on KenW@365Hair.com