1. Josh isn’t very good at styling… but it was that fact that got him his start in colour! Backstage at a shoot, he was blowdrying Christy Turlington’s hair and kept tangling up his brushes. Later, session legend Ray Allington (whom he was assisting) asked if he enjoyed colour and gently told him to pursue that path, adding that Josh “was crap at blowdrying!”
2. He cites the Givenchy A/W16 show as “the one that nearly killed me.” Principal designer Riccardo Tisci sent Josh a picture message of two albino (i.e. pigment-less) snakes for colour inspiration!
3. He’s not afraid to stand up to designers if something isn’t working. At one show, he could not get the wigs to take a pistachio tone that he was happy to send out on the catwalk, and so he threw the wigs in the bin!
4. Catwalk colour isn’t always as glamorous as you might think. The epic Prada S/S14 show saw Josh colouring all 47 models’ hair… and washing 22 heads of bleach off in a toilet basin.
5. “If I’m honest, I think I’m a bit lost with trends,” he admits. That’s because he’s always ahead of them…